Centenary Season Report Card
Nairn County Football Club are indeed privileged to have enjoyed its 100th season as members of the Scottish Highland Football League. The League which covers a landmass comprising some 50% of Scotland, involves all 18 member clubs playing each other at home and away during eight and an half months of the season visiting the four points of the Highland compass from Wick to Fraserburgh, and Fort William to Cove, South Aberdeen.
The social interchange, hospitality and sporting friendship involved is the envy of footballing interests outside the Highlands. In Nairn's case we have supporters from North and South America, Far and Middle East and of course greater Europe. May this rich tapestry of interest be nurtured and allowed to grow by actively supporting Nairn County energetically for the next 100 years.
Centenary Year Main Events
• Centenary Gala Dinner to launch the celebration - Newton Hotel 9 May 2014
• History of Nairn County FC book published - authors G Macleod, D Wilson, W Logan, June 2014
• Centenary merchandise sales - I Gordon, D Graham, Town Barbers, July 2014 onwards
• Nairn Museum, Exhibition dedicated to the history of NCFC - W Logan, July/August 2014
• Supporters Ground Improvement Fund - numerous individual and group led achievements 2014/15
• Centenary Sportsman's Lunch - R Manson, D Graham, The Royal British Legion February 2015
• Station Park awarded Platinum Status by SFA for its ground condition - Narden and dedicated band of volunteers, March 2015
• Gala Sportsman's Dinner to kick off the next 100 years - Newton Hotel 8 May 2015
Centenary Year Capital Investment at Station Park
• Completion of 2nd Phase of main floodlights upgrade June 2014
• 3rd and Final Phase of Main Stand external and Internal total refurbishment July 2014
• The upgrade of Station Park which started Summer 2011 has involved investment to date of some £175,000
• The Grant Aid support received from the Scottish Football Partnership, Private Benefactors, Supporters Ground Improvement Fund, and Highland Council - Nairn Area Discretionary Fund, is acknowledged and greatly appreciated by the Club.
Continuing Further Investment Planned Summer 2015
Planned 350 person £120,000 new Spectator Enclosure. This will be the Club's single biggest project undertaken with direct financial support of £55,000 already committed from the Supporters Ground Improvement Fund, with additional substantial support from a Private Benefactor, Highland Council - Nairn Area Discretionary Fund and Narden, our Main Sponsor. If anyone wishes to make a financial contribution towards this project then please contact the Chairman under confidential cover.
Revenue Influences over the Centenary Season
• Introduction of the Pyramid System by the SFA within the Highland League. The winner of the League has to undertake two sets of home and away play-offs with the ultimate prize of being promoted to the SPFL Second Division if they are successful.
• The SHFL 2014/2015 season has been unduly influenced giving rise to over 36% of the League fixtures, in Nairn's case of having to be played on Wednesday evening with consequential major loss of revenue through drop in turnstile income and match sponsorship, which is so essential to the Club's financial wellbeing.
• It is hoped that for the forthcoming 2015/2016 season a more pragmatic and business-like approach is taken by the SHFL to address this issue, which affects every Club of the SHFL.
Resolute as ever I remain "County till I die"